When talking about content, it’s more than just an occasional blog or social media post. There’s a proven strategy to what you post and in what order, so you can lead a potential customer to a sale.
That means, you start with broad engagement, and then continue through to very specific types of content.
The funnel itself is divided into three parts – Top, Middle and Bottom, with content types associated with each portion.
Here they are:
Top of the Funnel
- Search-optimized blog posts. Done right, these can generate lots of traffic over many years from low-intent visitors, or those who haven’t yet decided that they want to purchase anything from you yet.
- Social media videos. These can include tips, opinions and inspiration and are designed to encourage engagement and interaction.
- Infographics. They are designed to provide information in a concise, visually appealing way that will get shared and attract links. We’re not to selling yet.
- Round-ups and interviews. These can be collaborations that will drive traffic and create more trust.
- Guest posts. Again – a lot of visibility and exposure to a new audience.
Now we move to the middle of the funnel.
- How-to-articles. These help DIY visitors, but are directly related to your services/products.
- How-to-videos. Same as above but more engaging and memorable. Done right, they are also big trust builders.
- Original research. This can be a powerful credibility builder, but the relevance may be indirect.
- Gated guides. More commonly called newsletters, they are opt-in, long form subscriber communications. Now they’re connected.
- Welcome series emails. Okay – send them your best stuff to keep them interested.
- Webinars and events. Collaborate with others and engage in the Q&A. What would you want to see?
Now we reel them in!
- Sales enablement articles. These include specific information with one goal – conversion.
- Your story. A specific traffic source with one goal – conversion.
- Landing pages. These come from a specific traffic source with a singular goal – conversion.
- Service pages. This page is filled with answers, evidence and calls to action,
- Testimonials. This one speaks for itself.
- Case studies/customer stories. You solve problems in the real world and there’s evidence.
Sound complicated? Spot can help with strategic, targeted content at every stage. Drop us an email or give us a call and let’s get started turning your prospects into committed customers.